Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel guage and sender install

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Yep, that is a stock tank.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

so the napa part will just bolt right on?
    I Hate Typing

Quote Originally Posted by jaychevy420pitbill View Post
    so the napa part will just bolt right on?
    The bolt pattern for the top of the sender is identical. The sender itself is a universal and needs to be adjusted for the application. It comes with the necessary instructions to measure the tank depth, then set the unit at the correct height and the float arm at the correct length. Very easy install, and mine works very well after 2 years.

cool i called napa with that part # and they have it for $35 can t wait to have a working unit again
    I Hate Typing

Does NAPA sell an oil pressure, water temp, and volts gauge to match the fuel level one/semder?

Seems that the NAPA guage and sender kit comes with a variety of gauges. I've bought them at various times and got different gauge manufacturers each time.

The good news is though, that most every aftermarket gauge manufacturer's fuel gauge will work with the NAPA sender, (same resistance) so you can replace the gauge with an Autometer, Stewart Warner, etc.....

Just thought I'd pull this thread up and add a little pertinent info relating to this:

I am putting the finishing touches on Grantshires "Big Cheese" and we needed a fuel gauge that will match the other Autometer gauges he already has. The gauge that Autometer offers is for the 33-240 Ohm range and it is part number 3316. If anyone else orderes a different brand gauge for their NAPA sender, it is important to pay attention to this detail because many of the Autometer gauges are sold for Ford, Chevy or Chrysler applications and the resistance is different. The gauge we intended to use in this truck was the stock Jeep gauge in the CJ style cluster, but it would not work, and I cannot find the specs for the actual CJ Jeep sender range.

As an aside, the 33-240 Ohm range senders seem to be a fairly common range for boats, equipment, replacement fuel cells and other generic sort of fuel tanks.

I bought EQUUS gauges and used the NAPA sender kit and that resistance range is what AMC corp used back then. Any other resistance will read backwards or a way false reading.

Good to know about AMC using that. A lot of the boat and equipment manufacturers also seem to use that resistance range too.

Default Fuel guage and sender install

I installed it and followed the instructions exactly as said but I'm at half tank and it says I'm Wayyy full. Anyone have the same problem?

Sent from my IPhone5 using Tapatalk
    68 383ls1 4l80e NP241 37s 4:11