Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M715Zone Main Page Blocked by SiteCoach

Default M715Zone Main Page Blocked by SiteCoach

While having lunch today, I was using a free public Internet workstation and attempted to log on to the zone but the site got blocked.

I made it to the logon screen, entered my user ID and Password but the main screen got blocked.

First Message box:

Access restricted
    Access to the above is restricted. According to our harmful content database SiteCoach does not allow you to visit this page.

Second Message box:

SiteCoach thinks this website contains harmful content to young public. The page was blocked.

With my devious nature I was able to do a workaround and get into the Zone anyhow.

Went to my email inbox and looked up a message from the zone informing of a PM.
    Clicked on the "m715zone.com/vb/private.php" and it took me directly to my PM page – already logged in, so the previous login took.

The only way to look at posts was to do a search or click subscribed threads in my User CP.

Most everything worked except the main page and this thread:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?p=107609

It seems like there are some words, in that thread and on the main page, that trigger the block.

Just an FYI

BTW I had Little Sleezers pizza at K-Mart

Actually, now that I think more about this. I could copy the text from the main page; strip it by pasting it into notepad, put in an email to myself. Go back there and paste text into something like Google Translate. Begin stripping words until it gets by the block.

Let me know if you want this done.

Thinking more about this, it might not be so easy to do it alone. The email, to myself, mentioned above probably won't make it thru the filter.

Would need to break the text up into chunks like a half hashing routine. Where the whole is halved, both halves are tested, and the good one is thrown out and so on until you get to the root (word).

I would need someone on the other end emailing me halves -- when one makes it, throw it out, halve the remainder, and send two halves etc.

This kind of hashing goes pretty fast so it wouldn't take long at all.

I need to stop thinking about this.

I'm sure Hammer has a better way to do this.

Is it worth the trouble?

http://countenance.wordpress.com/200...ontent-filter/

Because SiteCoach specifically states that it’s out to censor certain types of political content, then SiteCoach cannot be used in public institutions (schools, libraries). Political content is specifically (”fully”) protected speech. Also, since SiteCoach says out and out right that they censor right-wing sites, then using SiteCoach at a public library or school could also violate the Federal 14th Amendment.

Basically, they specifically target right wing sites, and censor them.
    I would say that we are fairly right wing, being a military type group.
    Not saying we as individuals are all right wing, but overall, this site represents what they are trying to censor.

Doing a little more digging into them.
    Man, I am not sure we CAN get them to not censor us!
    Well, they will stop traffic TOO us when going through portals like you used today.

While I STRONGLY disagree with them, and their illegal censorship, I doubt that it would be worth the effort of trying to clear our name with them (doubt it's even possible actually).

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    http://countenance.wordpress.com/200...ontent-filter/

Because SiteCoach specifically states that it’s out to censor certain types of political content, then SiteCoach cannot be used in public institutions (schools, libraries). Political content is specifically (”fully”) protected speech. Also, since SiteCoach says out and out right that they censor right-wing sites, then using SiteCoach at a public library or school could also violate the Federal 14th Amendment.

Yes I saw that article, last night, before posting.

Did you determine for sure they are censoring the zone domain?

I'm not convinced the domain is targeted because it seemed to reject certain pages only. I visited many pages containing the zone dot com address. Looked to me like a word parse because the first attempt after logon seemed to begin painting the main page and then poof.

I can test the main page text to make a determination for sure.

This is interesting:

http://www.webstuffscan.com/2006/11/...bsites-top-10/

I need to go to town today for some horse supplies, so I'll try some of these methods. I'll also send myself some chunks of text, from the main page, and test them as well.

I'll let ya' know.

Also found this here:

http://www.sgshumanresources.com/kiosk.html

SiteCoach [Plug-In]

SiteCoach is a filter which blocks inappropriate internet content. The filter is not only based on URLs but on the website’s content as well. The filter lists are updated automatically.

The user will then be informed on the reason why a certain website could not be displayed. SiteCoach has a black and white URL List, but also parses content if the page are not classified in the lists. Parsing is done in real-time and therefore very fast

It has an automatic update feature, so I may have put the zone url in the database just by attempting to access it from this portal.

We'll find out today.

On the main page of this site, the description for the BS board includes the words 'Adult Content'.
    That was the first thing that came to mind when you said it blocked the main page.

I didn't go so far as to check the 'lists' yet. But I guess I need to check them again to make sure we are not on them.

Ok, I checked and we don't seem to be blacklisted any where.
    Guess it means they are censoring us for the specific words, like you said.

The adult content on the main page could very well be the reason for that part.
    But I wonder what would be causing it for that thread.