Thread: VIN Registry updated

Default VIN Registry updated

I just finished an update to the VIN Registry...follow the ink at the top of the page...added about 30-40 vins in all!

Thanks to all those who sent them in, posted them, and pointed them out on Ebay and other places!!!!!

Jon, you and the guys here have done a great job here. Congrats to you guys!
    After looking at the registry, I thought it would be cool if the owners could post a brief history of the trucks after their respective vin numbers. It would not be as good as getting all the history from the military, but as the trucks get registered it would be cool to see them transfer from owner to owner, with notes on modifications that were done to the trucks. I think it would have to be monitored, but I think it could be updated by the members. It would have to have some rules that new owners could not bash the previous owners mods or work, (because hindsight is 20/20) things done years earlier under unknown circumstances look diff. years later.

I think as these trucks get older it would be a great asset to the site if their civy history could be traced. I know it would start late on some of the trucks, but I have seen where many of the trucks have had only one owner since the military.

I guess it would be some sort of window that would open if one were to click on the vin number, and so no bashing would take place it would only be open to the owner and moderator to posts, but all could read. I dont know how hard this would be or if I would be the only one interested in it, But you know how all of us that dont know about how to do this think, "its just a click, click, and hit enter" isnt it? LOL.
    Thanks Dennis
    Last edited by boghog; July 23rd, 2007 at 09:18 AM. Reason: s/c

That is a doable thing...to make each Vin with additional info a link to a page with whatever has been submitted...course it takes server spce...what doesnt...and I'm already loaded with the manuals and galleries that need to be back on line....not sure when that will all get done....

But IT IS a VERY good idea!

Well just a thought, maybe some day.