Thread: How many M715's are left???

Default How many M715's are left???

Hi Everyone,

With all the guys on the forum, I'm wondering if anyone has a "guess" as to how many M715's are around? My serial number, or VIN is listed in the Registry page of the website.

Do the numbers on the Registry page include trucks that are "still active" and on the road? Or is the page a comprehensive link to anyone that had one?

I'm just curious more than anything. Given the small numbers produced, I can't help but wonder how many are on the road in this country alone? When I drive mine around, I get more waves, looks and thumbs up than I could ever have imagined.

I drove mine to a decent car show this weekend - just to "see" the show. I wasn't entered in it. And I had more folks coming to see mine than the registered cars. It's crazy! Does anyone else experience this?

If you figure the small numbers made, then those that weren't brought back, factor those that are rusted beyond repair, etc, etc....it seems that the overall number would be fairly low. Who knows? Any thoughts?

I'm trying to upload a few pics of my new toy....but I'm having a couple of challenges. Let's see if this works.

The M715 is an eye magnet to most every guy out there. Not so much the females though. Out of all my vehicles it is this truck that gets the most comments, waves and such.

The VIN registry on this site is all of the numbers submitted by members. Some were admittedly when submitted just a data plate attached to painted rust sitting on blocks in the mud. So no, not every vehicle listed in the registry was driving around and some never will again.

There are a lot of owners who don't get on the internet. Or, if they do don't go to this site. How many? Nobody knows. 33,000 made 50 years ago. Figure 10% has been the conventional collective opinion here on the Zone the last decade or two. How many on the road on a given day? Probably less than 10 in the entire country.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Hey Barrman - thanks for your note! I agree - the darn truck is an amazing magnet to every guy that sees it. Truth be told...I've had a few females smile and wave, too. But I think they probably feel sorry for me. HA - I'll take it though.

You'd think with such reduced numbers, especially with the original engine, trans, etc - the price of these would be through the roof. There truly cannot be a lot of these on the road. Who knows?

Thanks again for responding to my question. Still trying to figure out how to upload a few photos of mine. I'm usually pretty good in forums, but I still can't figure out how to upload pics in the Zone.

Tom

Chicks or not... Chuck Norris drives an M715... that’s good enough for me!

Don't forget Sammy Hagar in the VOA music video too!
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Hi Jhartings....wow, didn't know about ol Chuck! Interesting.

HA -I did forget about Sammy. But, I know the video you're talking about. Crazy!

Default Searching for Chuck Norris...

Type in the Google search bar: "Search for Chuck Norris", and this is the result:

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.